Tuesday, March 2, 2010
What do you feed an 8 Month old?
Jace is 8 months. And I am wondering what new foods I can introduce him to at 8 months? Or if there are any new foods? Juice? Water? Pasta's? meats? I dont know a thing. He is now eating cereal, gerber baby food, small pieces of bread, puffs and formula/breastmilk. Anything you're feeding your 8 month old? Would love your input!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At 6 months, the only thing they CAN'T eat are strawberries, honey, cows milk, shellfish, and nuts (if there is a family history of allergies). Other than that, studies show withholding certain food doesn't let them get a broad pallet so they are pickier eaters. Just introduce one food at a time to make sure he has no reaction to that particular food. If he does, then wait to introduce it again a month or so later.
Like your friend Kera said, offer him whatever you want! Give him some of what you're eating and see how he tolerates it. Sometimes breads and things get stuck on the roof of their mouth but if he can chew it up and eat it then he's fine. By 8 months I don't think there was anything we were keeping Sydney from!
We haven't really started feeding Dodger table foods yet, although we do give him bites every now and then. Just an F.Y.I. I heard that you are not supposed to give babies eggs until they are 1 year old. Sorry I wasn't more help.
Post a Comment