Monday, May 3, 2010

I look up to...

So I've been thinking a lot about people I truly look up to and want to end up like. And I definitely think it has changed through the years. In middle school, it was the kids in high school, in high school it was those in college, in college it was those who were married. And now that I'm married and have a kid I've been kind of confused on who I really look up to and want to be like. Part of me wanted to go back and be that fit high school girl I used to be (without post pregnancy stretch marks), or like those ideal wives and families you see on TV. But it just wasn't a fulfilling want and it has just wore me out and depressed me.
BUT lately I think I have finally found others to really look up to and it has been so relieving to let go of the ideal worldly way I have been wanting to be. Now I want to be like those people who have really sacrificed their life in service and in selflessness.
So I look up to anyone who is striving to do their best in hard circumstances. I look up to my parents cause I know what they have gone through in their lives to get where they are. And I particularly look up to the Elderly. Think about it! THEY HAVE MADE IT! President Hinckley and His Wife. They deserve a round of applause. So in conclusion, I want to be like those who are living and have lived an honorable life. They are the real idols.


2 comments:

C Tam said...

You've got such a good head on your shoulders, Sarah. Your husband scored the jackpot when he married you.

Another good role model who has overcome great challenges is that Breane King girl recently featured in BYU alum. magazine. You could look up her interview on Youtube. She's a newfound hero of mine. You don't have to be old-age to have overcome a lifetime's worth of odds.

Unknown said...

Way to find people to really look up too. Great choices. Both of those pictures are so cute!