Wednesday, December 15, 2010

18 Months. . . Oh my. . .

So Jace doesn't technically turn 18 months til Christmas day, but I know it's going to just get crazier and if I don't do it now, I probably won't get to it.

Anyway. . .Man, how time pasts! I know everyone heard this as a kid from older people, and didn't like it, but I have to say it cause it's true. . . I can't believe how big he's gotten and how much he has changed. It all has happened so fast for me. I think in my mind he's always 6 months younger than he really is. Like I picture him 12 months old right now, but he's not, my baby is going to be 18 months next week! Crazy! I sat down to see what things have changed since I posted when he was 12 months, and he is growing up and has changed so much! I love to see him learn and that he's developing, but I don't like to see him grow. I want him to stay my baby :(
Anyway...

Jace is the funnest little boy around. I LOVE HIM TO DEATH! I am soooo Glad he is part of our family. I love him more everyday and love to see his personality come out. The things he likes and dislikes.

1. He is a great eater! He eats almost (underline almost) everything we give him (when we are at home, he doesn't eat as well at restaurants or others houses, I think it's all the distractions and fun people around) . He eats all his vegetables except sometimes he doesn't like green beans or lettuce, depends on the day and on the way they are prepared.

2. He is attached to 3 main things... 2 particular blankets (kind of a 3rd one) and his bear.


3. He's starting to be more interested in TV. I know, you parents who don't let their kids watch tv, I'm probably horrible, but I have found a couple of shows helps a lot in me getting things done around the house in the morning. Magical stuff. His favorite shows are Blues Clues, Barney, Elmo, Winnie the Pooh and sometimes Dora (totally a girly show, but oh well). :)

4.He is a pretty good talker too. He said around 8 words when he was 12 months old and now says at least over 100. He's even starting to link two words together at time, ( key word "starting") Like today he said, "Daddy work?" meaning "Is daddy at work?" or "juice please" and my favorite, "Luv you" Anyway, yeah, we are enjoying his little words and phrases. He has been cracking us up lately with the way he says things.

5. He has started learning colors (key word "started again") He knows the color blue the best. We have this puzzle with colors and he just points to them and says their colors (sometimes right and sometimes wrong :) Blue, Pink, Green and Red are usually right, others half the time are right or aren't right at all, like the color brown.

6. He's a very happy boy and likes to make friends with those around him of all ages, and gives some good hugs.


7. He loves his aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins. He is continually saying their names randomly through out the day. In fact, as I am writing this he is playing with a toy and singing his aunt susan's name.

8. He just started going to nursery, however I haven't left him there yet, we'll see how that goes. But with me there he is doing fine and enjoying it.

9. He loves animals! I'm pretty sure it's the walker side of him :) dogs don't scare him a bit. Even big ones. One time we passed this great dane and he just walked right up to it saying "horse! horse!" ha

10. He doesn't like contention. If we are bunting heads about something and he can feel/hear the tension in my voice, after about 5 mins he runs to me, hugs me and says "mommy! mommy!"

11. Something that was exciting this week was that he finally learned how to ride this sit and ride toy we got from my mom at Easter. He always would just sit on it, but now he finally gets that you push with your feet to go foward. you have no idea how many times I have tried to explain this concept. haha. I'm glad he figured it out.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything right now. But yeah! That's our fun loving Jace. He is the best. We are so glad he is part of our family. Without him our lives wouldn't mean as much. It's crazy, cause I really haven't felt a love like this before. It's my greatest fear to think of something bad happening to him. I am so grateful Heavenly Father let me be his mom. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stubbs, he is adorable. I can't believe how fast time flies. What a cute kid. I want to see y'all!