
I have been thinking about getting jace one of these, a toddler bed. My question to you is, is it too early? When did you put your kids in a toddler bed or normal bed. Or when are you planning on doing it? I want to do it, I am just scared of how he'll do with it. He does fine in his crib, and puts himself to sleep. I am just scared this all might change once he's put in a bed. Insight would be great.
5 comments:
Most kids make the transition well. Talk it up and get him excited. Let him be there when you set it up; don't make it a surprise that his crib is suddenly gone. If he has problems, there's just enough room for you to lay down by him for a few minutes! And the worst that can happen is that you need to set up his crib again for a little longer. I say go for it.
We put Brynne in her toddler bed when she was about 14 months because we had Dane coming soon! She did well, I put the comforter, bumper pads, and sheets she was used too in there, and turned off the lights before we put her in her bed, so I think she just thought it was another crib, it took her about 3 months before she realized she could climb out, but for the most part it was alot easier transition than I thought it would have been.
I have the same question. Our next baby is due in a couple of months and while Reagan (16 months) can probably stay in his crib for a few months after the baby is born (since the baby will be in my room in a packnplay for convenience when I nurse at night)I do need to start thinking about transitioning him to a big boy bed. I love how cute the toddler beds look but I think I might just get him a twin size bed with rails so I wont have to worry about getting him one once he grows out of the toddler bed. Let me know what you end up doing with Jace and how it works out.Good Luck!
Dodger learned how to crawl out of his crib about a month ago and so we just took the crib down and he is now in a big boy bed and night time is NOT the same. He doesn't sleep good anymore because he can get out and he just cries by the door. Jace may be different but I wish we could still have Dodger in a crib, so my advice is to leave him in a crib as long as possible.
I don't think I have enough experience to give good advice, but I really believe it depends on the kid. Stetson was about 18 months when we converted his crib to a toddler bed, and it worked just fine for him. He did fall out of bed a couple times, just because he is a CRAZY sleeper. He was still just as hard to get to sleep, and slept just as well as he did in his crib. So I say, if you think he is ready, do it. If not, let him be a baby a little while longer:)
Post a Comment