We went sledding in the beginning of January and Jace LOVED it. I wasn't sure how he was gonna do because we went last year and he wasn't such a huge fan, he only went a couple of times. But this year he went down by himself, crashed, laughed and loved it. He didn't want to go home. And he asked to go again the whole next 2 weeks. And he still asks occasionally, we just need another good snow!
Potty Training
So about a little over a month ago jace started showing interest in wanting to learn how to use the potty. So we did a good 3 week session of potty training. And he did really well! And then the last week started having lots of accidents. I think he just got tired of the process and having to think about it and wanted a break. Which by then I was tired too, doing the reminding and the cleaning. So it's been a good break for both of us. He has started talking about it a little bit more again so we might start again here sometime. We'll see. I'm not one to push it (at least until he gets closer to preschool age), and Jace is one to be pushed. He gets that from his dad :) It has to do things on his own time and in his own way. Or maybe it's just a boy thing? Who knows.
Here he is with his thomas underwear, his thomas potty charts and his "potty bag." Every time he went potty he got a jelly bean or tootsie roll from the potty bag and every time he went potty while wearing his underwear he got to put a sticker on the chart (He needed an incentive to wear the underwear. He was quite weary of them). I think next time I will make the process simpler so it doesn't wear us both out so quick. ;)
Valentine's Day!
(in the background you can see the flowers joe got me)
We made pink silly putty/slime. (Love pinterest!)
This picture wasn't acted. Jace was extra loving that day. No joke. I told him that Valentine's day is a day we show each other we love each other. So he told us all day long "I love you" and "Happy Valentine's day!" and we got lots of hugs.
Our little Valentines :) (Shirts say "daddy's sweetheart", "My mommy loves me")
Cienna only has enough hair in front to hold a clip. haha. She looked like Minnie Mouse.
Cienna 5 Month Pictures
( she will be 6 months in a couple of days so there will be a more recent up date of her soon)

No comments:
Post a Comment