Saturday, July 4, 2009

Delivery/ Emotional Roller Coaster

So it all started out at 10 am thursday morning, June 25th. I had a doctors apt and it was my 39 week apt. The doctor came in to check me and he couldn't even reach my cervix because he said I am also very vaginally small, along with one of the smallest pelvis's he's ever seen. So he convinced me to do a C-section which I was pretty okay with because he said I only had about a 10 percent chance of having him vaginally. So we started to talk about when we could do it. . . So as we decided I mentioned I had a sister in town today and tomorrow and was maybe wondering if we could do it the next day. He was very cool about it and said he loves to accomodate family so he said he would check his schedule. He came back and said that he couldn't do it the next day but could do it that afternoon at 4:30 and asked if that was okay. Joe and I nearly had a heart attack thinking about having our baby that afternoon. Way unexpected! But we said yes! By that time it was about noon and we had to be at the hospital by 2:30 for prep work. I have never been so nervous and overwhelmed in my life! Joe said it felt like getting engaged all over again. haha. Anyway that's the story. He was born at 5:04 that afternoon.

Also, this past week has been nuts! I have never been so emotionally crazy in my life. I do not like it one bit. The doctor says it's normal and just to wait it out. It's been better today. I haven't even cried yet. lol. It's crazy! One minute I am totally in love with my baby and the next I am so overwhelmed and stressed that holding him makes me cry. And I have no control over it. Luckily I have a great husband and family around here that lets me take a break during those moments. Also sleep deprivation probably doesn't help. So yeah it's been crazy!

5 comments:

Cami said...

I guess labor can sneak up on you even when it's a planned C-section! I remember there being a LOT of crying (for me & baby) for several weeks--maybe months actually--after giving birth. Hormones are messed up!! You're doing great, even if you think you're not! Just keep asking if you're baby's safe and healthy, and try not to stress out too much, though it takes a while to figure out how to do things!

Cat said...

hugs sweetie!! the first couple weeks are the hardest I promise!! Just try and relax and dont do anything you dont have to. I just snuggled up in bed with kaden for that whole week. Ronnie had drill that first weekend and it was horrible!!! I Thought I was going to lose it. Have you asked joe for a blessing?? Your baby boy is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Stubbs. If you need a break, I will gladly come over!!! :) I'm so serious. I would love to watch him for a little bit while you had a nap or something. Call me!

Dione said...

Wow that would be quite the shock to so unexpectedly have him!! I'm sure you are an amazing new mom, it IS hard though! But guess what it gets easier when you start getting more sleep, just hold in there a little longer :)

Kenny and Amber said...

Wow, what a story! I am so glad everything went okay. I totally remember the emotional roller coaster. The first two weeks were the worst for me, and lots of times I wouldn't even know why I was crying. But everything is so worth it. I know you will be an awesome mom - hang in there!