Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This is the time. . .WAKE UP!

I want to share something with all of you. These past couple of months I have been really trying and searching to find the deep meaning of motherhood and being a wife. Now don't get me wrong I love my husband and baby very much and enjoy them emensley!But I was searching to find where the true joy lies in being a mom and wife in the home every single day... Sometimes (a lot of the time) it is very tedious and repetitive. It can be exhausting and mind numbing. And my days are fairly predictable. I wake up to....

Jace crying

Change his clothes and his diaper

Feed him breakfast

Get myself ready

I Eat breakfast

Entertain Jace

Put Jace down for his first nap

Do the dishes/Straighten up

Change Jace's Diaper

Feed him lunch

Play with him...

Put him down for his second nap

Read/finish cleaning...

Give Jace bath

Read scriptures with him

put him to bed

Joe gets home

(You get my drift)



So I find myself looking forward to 8 P.M when I can put Jace down and finally relax. Then Joe comes home and I am anxious to talk to him and be with him and sometimes he will but often times he has homework and wants to relax in a guy kind of way before bed. Which is all fine... I just find myself repeating this day (some variations of course) and find myself wanting a more exciting life. But then I was driving home from working out one day and I heard the song "This is the time of my life" By David Cook. And broke down right there. And it hit me! I imediately came home and started looking at pictures of all of us and our different times and found myself laughing and eventually crying and realizing THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE! And I am day dreaming about other unimportant stuff. Wake up sister! It's right in front of you! The greatest gifts you could ever have are right here! And it breaks my heart to think that I take these small but great moments for grantite. And now I know probably some of you are thinking, girl what's your deal? And others are relating with me, either way I am grateful to be reminded.



Anyway, after my heart felt cry and listening to that song a few more times I decided to make this movie so that when I start to feel as I did before, I have something to remind me of the many blessings which my heavenly father has blessed me with. And I am so very blessed! He has been so paitent with me and continues to be... And I thank him for it. :)

9 comments:

Nora said...

I loved that video Sarah! I seriously almost cried....and I never cry. : ) I think I'll have to make one for myself for those times when I feel the same way. Thanks for the post and the reminder of what is important.

Michelle said...

Maybe we are both just emotional girls, but I did cry watching your movie.....I am feeling similar to you right now, except with the stresses of school day in and day out. That video really helped me to step back and realize Ben and I are so happy, and even though we don't have a big fun event everyday, the little pleasures of life really are just as good, and can be treasured just as much! You are such a great mother and Wife.....those are some lucky boys that get to have you!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you! Thats a great reminder - i think I'll make one now. ;)

Anna said...

I feel the same way! I love being home with my baby-I just feel like I'm not doing anything worthwhile. Being a mom is stressful. :)

ps. I was mad about The Bachelor, too! I've been watching that show for like 6 years, and I'm always mad at the end. Ha!

ShaniLynn said...

Loved your movie!! I went with Hayden to get his patriarchal blessing last month and I'll tell you, that was when I started to capture a glimpse of the fullness of joy that will eventually come from trying to be a good Mom day in and day out. Jace is blessed to have you! Love you so much!

TheTamFam said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post! Thank you. I have to remind myself of the "Joy in the Journey" concept all the time too!

Blogger wasn't showing your movie when I tried to view it...I'll check back later because it sounds great!

Unknown said...

You are so amazing, Stubbs. Your cute little movie made me cry. Thanks for posting this. You are absolutely incredible and such a great wife and mother to your boys. I love you so much. Thank you for your example. We need to get together more often so I can learn from you. You are BEAUTIFUL!

Liz said...

I truly loved this video and definitely this reminder! It reminds me when you played me that song "You're gonna miss this" It is such a blessing to be able to remember in the thick of life how blessed we really are. Thanks for being you and being my awesome cousin! Love you! :-)

Kenny and Amber said...

Sarah, that was an AWESOME post. I think EVERYONE can relate to that. I know I have felt like that several times, especially being sick and pregnant and still having the responsibilities of wife and mother. Sometimes I seriously wonder, why am I doing this anyway? But then I am reminded why, just like you were. Thanks so much for sharing that experience!