Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jace and "School"

At the beginning of October I started doing what Jace and I like to call "school." However, it's not too much like real school yet. We mostly just do a craft or 2 and then he colors for a little while after. But I have found that it really helps on the days that it's cold out and being outside only lasts for about 10 mins. I have thought a lot about things I want to do for "school" this winter and hope Jace enjoys it as much as me.

Some of the things we did in Oct. We made. . .
A colorful fall tree out of torn pieces of construction paper (where he learned how to use a glue stick).
A pumpkin.
A spider made from part of an Egg Carton
Little Ghosts made from tissues
He also learned how to use "stamps" (just little foam shapes I found at the dollar store) and a stamp pad. A basic skill that's easy for a 2 year old to learn and have A Ton of fun with. The first time jace did it for over an hour.

If any of you have fun craft ideas for a 2 year old as well, I would love to hear what they are! I will also continue to post what we have done so if you want to do any of my ideas with your toddlers you can too. Not that they are that great, I just know it's hard to come up with things to do with them sometimes ;)

To make it feel more special, we get out his mickey mouse table and chair and he wears his "ART shirt" I just got a shirt that would fit an older child and wrote art shirt on it. It covers his clothes so I dont have to change his clothes after, or strip him down to his diaper before. Then I just throw the shirt in the wash every few times. So yeah, that's our "school" :P


1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness this is SUCH a cute idea! And PA school... I am so happy for you. Steve interviewed for the dental school in Las Vegas and it is one of our top choices so we'll see!
Miss seeing you on the playground :) And Brayden most definitely misses his friends.

Our new family blog is ... busybliss.blogspot.com and hope it helps young wives and moms!