Saturday, June 13, 2009

3 More Weeks! / Frustrating Doc Apt

We are now on the count down with this pregnancy! I becam 37 weeks along this past week so I am now full term. He is more than welcome to come anytime! I am so excited and so ready to be done! It feels like I have been pregnant forever! And I am way excited to meet this little boy who is way too strong and big to be in my stomache anymore. :)
Also, this past week I really wanted to see how I was progressing labor wise. I really wanted him to check me so I could get a better idea of what my body is doing and where I am at since I have been having so many contractions. I know that could mean nothing or something, that's why I wanted to know, but my doctor was busy so another doctor at the office saw me and she refused to check me, but my doctor said he would have. I was so disapointed leaving my apt. Another reason why I want to know is because if my cervix is favorable my doctor said he would be fine to induce me at 39 weeks. Which I have heard the horror stories with inducing, but I don't care with how much contractions keep me up at night I just want it to be over.

6 comments:

Cami said...

I remember being at that 37 week point and BEGGING my doctor to find a reason to induce me. I can't believe they didn't check you! There are horror stories whether or not you get induced. If you're planning on getting an epidural, get it before the Pitocin so it can help before the induced contractions crank up. Of course, that's just hearsay for me because I wasn't induced. Anyway, I hope things work out well for you! You've made it 37 weeks.. you can do it! I can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy when he arrives.

Mal said...

Hey Sarah, was just checking out your blog! With my first baby I really wanted the doctor to check me at my 36 week appointment because I knew that he had dropped and that he was coming soon, well he didn't and I had him 5 days later! So now with this pregnancy the doctor actually checked me at 35 weeks and I was dialated to a 2 1/2 and 70% effaced, but the next week he wouldn't check me again because he didn't want to put me into labor, LOL. I guess we will see what he will do this week for my 37 week appointment, but it really is no fun when you want to know so bad! Good luck with everything! Oh and if you want an invite to see my blog, leave me a message on facebook or something!

Lacey Lu said...

Hang in there Sarah...You are awesome!!...We're adding to our Family tree too!!...I'm Due in Jan.!! Anywho, Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!

Kenny and Amber said...

Hey Stubbs. I am so sorry I missed your shower - I totally thought it was a week later than it was! Hang in there - you are a tough girl, and I know you will be an awesome mommy! Best Wishes!

Cat said...

just have patience. Get a blessing for patience or whatever. You do not want to get induced!! pit can be really hard on your little guy and it makes labor alot worse than it needs to be. Maggie has had pit both times and both times her boys starting having decels on their heartrate from the pit. i know it seems like forever. But just becaue you are 37 weeks doesnt mean he is fully developed yet. he knows when it is time for him to come have faith and trust! Hugs

Unknown said...

Member, he can't come til I'm done with his present! :) Hang in there. If you need me to go get you chocolate, let me know! :) I love you!