Okay, so you're about to hear about my emotional morning, so if you aren't in the mood or just don't want to read about it, I completely understand.
Anyway, so lately I have been having a hard time accepting what is to come pretty soon. . .
Being Huge the last 3 months of my pregnancy. . . And trust me, if you didn't see me at the end of my pregnancy I am one who gets really big and swollen, not the cute petite kind you see around. I remember people's intial faces when they would see me. Seriously! I would post a picture but I know you would all probably have that initial face too. I have been dreading it more and more lately, especially as I am about to enter my 2nd trimester, knowing that it is just getting closer. I stayed up worrying about it last night and trying to brush it off all at the same time. And then this morning I and someone I know, saw a pregnant girl and they mentioned how big she was. . . and that was it! That was the last thing I needed to hear! I came home a balled my eyes out for a good couple hours, for me and that girl (and she wasn't even as big as I get, cause she wasn't swollen too). I know I am probably just being super emotional about it and that being big pregnant is temporary. But even with it being temporary it's still not fun to go through. And dont get me wrong, I also know that I am very blessed that I am even able to be pregnant and I don't take this blessing for grantite. I am very happy to be a mom again. I just wish I could skip the huge swollen part. But I guess who knows? Maybe I won't get as big with this one as I did with Jace. I am trying to eat better and drink more water. Oh please, be the case!
Anyway, thanks to anyone who reads this. Today has just been rough and I needed to share it or even just write about it so I could get it out. I promise my next post will be more positive. Thanks again for listening or I guess reading. haha yeah.
-Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This may or may not help, but when I was pregnant the second time, I had to cut out sugar from my diet for a couple months. I ended up gaining only 25 pounds (I gained 45 with Syd) and not swelling up at the end! I really think cutting back on sweets and drinking water constantly did the trick.
And hey, just because it's temporary and other people don't get it, it's a struggle for you and it's okay for you to worry and be anxious. Try to keep in mind that it will go away when the baby comes! And remember that most people don't understand how it feels so their comments are probably going to hurt. Just focus on that baby inside you and you'll be okay. Remember, the Lord looks on the heart! ;)
Thanks Cami. Your comment actually really helped. I am really hoping watching my eating more and drinking more water, cause I didn't drink a lot of water, will help make a difference. If not then, I guess what can ya do? lol.
Oh my gosh, Sarah!!! I miss you, you need to come back. I think we are the same person.
I know the time for starting our Baby #2 is getting closer, and even the thought of being pregnant again makes me cry. I hated being pregnant. I was the swollen type, too, I know exactly what you mean!
I'm right there with you, honey!
I'm glad you posted this. It makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one.
hugs pregnancy can be so hard. for me I got swollen with the first and gained almost 50 lbs second time around I gained less than 30 and didnt get all the swollen stuff either.
Wow. I am TOTALLY where you are right now - emotionally. I gained over 50 lbs (57 to be exact) and I'm still not back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I've got 15 extra lbs to start with and I'm am TERRIFIED that I will be HUGE! (again) I am excited to have another little one, but man, the things we go through! I've started bawling just thinking about it, too. I've been trying to eat better and drink more water, but I've been so sick I eat what I can, when I can and water hurts my stomach. Not sure why, but it makes drinking it so hard! So, long story even longer - I'm here for you! I get it and if you ever need a kid free pity party, lets do it! Serious!
Stubbs, I completely understand how you feel! I can't wait to have this baby so I can start losing the weight. It is so so so hard to not be able to recognize yourself in the mirror - seriously! Anyway, thanks for posting this. I love ya!
Ok, I probably qualify as one of those people who can't offer advice since I loved being pregnant. Here I go anyway: Hypnobabies Pregnancy Affirmations made all the difference for my friend who had 3 babies hating pregnancy, and then for her 4th was able to love it, all from perspective changing. Getting hold of the HB affirmations track might help.
Sarah, for what it's worth, I think pregnant women are beautiful. And I love seeing them get big, it's soo cute! That may sound messed up, haha. Anyway, please don't worry too much. It's a beautiful thing, and you're a beautiful woman, I can't imagine you won't look good. But I realize that pregnant womaen sometimes feel bigger than they actually look. So, you can control your diet or whatever, but please remember why you decided to have another child :). It's all worth it!
Post a Comment