So my dearest husband has been working so hard these past few years to be able to get into a PA (Physician Assistant) masters program. Not the easiest process in the world at all. He has spent the lsat 3 years of our marriage working low pay jobs to get patient experience (since they like to see around 2,000 hours of patient experience or more) going to school to get the prerequisites and retaking classes to make his GPA better, which he eventually got his degree in Physiology and developmental biology. As well as getting other certifications such as the CNA and EMT certifications and a lot of other things to help make his application look good. He applied last year in hoping that it would be enough to get in and received rejection letters back from every school saying his application wasn't competitive enough. So that made him work even harder this last year to make his application better and I have never seen him so determined or work so hard. With so many discouraging moments all along the way. . . He has been invited to interview with a school in New Mexico and a school in Las Vegas!! When he got his first email requesting an interview he was speechless and I just cheered and cried. We have been praying for the chance for him to show a school that he has what it takes and give him a chance. We are feeling so blessed and grateful to our Heavenly Father who really does answer prayers :)
So we are hoping with everything we have that he gets into one of these schools and gets to be the PA he has been working so hard to be. But until then we are celebrating the interviews he has been given and hope they go well. I know that if they can see Joe's desire and passion for the field, and his determination (that blows me away sometimes) and how hard he has worked they won't be able to turn him down. I just pray they see it :) I love my husband. I just had to let the world know a little about how great he is and how proud I am of him. So yeah, GO JOE! You can do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is fabulous!! Since we are going through the same thing...probably will be for a couple more years I know how excited you must be! Good luck on the interviews!! :)
Wow. That's so awesome Sarah! I hope he gets in... you'd be pretty close to home too which would be great! Good luck!
Yay!!! Good Luck Joe, hope all goes well.
Post a Comment