Saturday, August 27, 2011

Unexpected Pregnancy Update

So I said I would do a pregnancy update and now have an update that I wasn't expecting to give. So on Tues I went with Joe to Las Vegas for his first interview for PA school. We had a great time and it was really relaxing and fun. Jace really enjoyed himself, especially going swimming in the hotel. And Joe felt like his interview went good and really likes the school. So it was just a really fun and good family trip. But anyway, on our way home on wed night I started having some harder contractions and they were becoming pretty regular. Joe suggested that we should maybe go to the hospital. But I was so tired from the trip that I just really wanted to get home and go to sleep. So that's what we did and the contractions continued the same way through out the night, by morning I was so sore and could barely walk. Also where my incision was that I had with Jace's C-section was feeling a little sore every time I would walk and also when I would have a strong contraction. I knew at this point we did need to go to the hospital and I was right. They checked me in and were concerned about the soreness I was feeling where my incision was and also my contractions started picking up again and started to become more regular, so the doctor decided to keep me over night and to monitor me and stop my contractions. They started off with shots every hour to try to stop my contractions but the contractions continued. So then by that night they had me on stronger medicine to stop my contractions and they still didn't fully stop but at least they were less strong and not as often. So by morning even though the contractions were still there they said I could go home but that I would have to be on "limited activity/bedrest"and continue to take the medication to keep the contractions down, but that if they started to pick up again that I needed to come back. So that's where we are now. I am here on the couch. My wonderful sister volunteered to come up and help with Jace and Joe has been awesome and already has done a lot around the house. So hopefully this little girl decides to stay in a little longer, but my contractions continue (some hard and some not, so it worries me) and I feel the soreness every so often.

Also, side note, the reason why my doctor is so worried about the soreness of my incision is because I have a really thin uterus and they think where the incision is may be separating. But I am only 35 weeks tomorrow, so they don't necessarily want to deliver me yet, but they might have to because they don't want the incision to erupt. So I guess we will just see what happens. I have an apt on Monday morning. Until then I will continue to lay here cause I know everyday counts that she can be inside me. I also know that 35 weeks is a lot better than if the baby was born earlier, which is comforting. :) So yeah there's the update on the pregnancy. :)

3 comments:

Cami said...

How scary! Bedrest really sucks and so does preterm labor. Does the medicine for stopping contractions make you feel weird? With Kenzie I was given brethine (I think?) and it made my head hurt and my pulse race but it eventually stopped the early contractions. That was at 20 weeks and I had contractions every day from then until she came at 38 weeks. Like you said at the end of the post though, it's good that you're already at 35 weeks because if there is something worrisome (like your incision erupting!), then they can deliver the baby and things will still be fine. You'll be in our thoughts! Good luck with everything.

Kenny and Amber said...

Oh dear, Sarah, I am so sorry to hear this. Isn't it wonderful to have awesome family at a time like this? Stay down and obey doctor's orders - they know best! Good luck - I will be praying for you!

Ross & Natalie said...

That's so crazy and scary! I hope everything goes ok. We'd love to help anyway that we can. Babysitting, meals, whatever... Just let me know what I can do. And I'm glad the interview went well and you had fun! Good luck with everything!